You've probably heard “sometimes it's the little things” in reference to what “he” does for you … or “she” does. This time, I'm actually thinking about “me”.
This past weekend, I let go of projects and what I could “work” on or even “should” do. I just let go. And in the space, I heard some things, some options that surprised me as they seemed to come from nowhere, and others which had resurfaced because there was space.
And I listened. And the weekend just flowed. Well, except for the Sunday afternoon football game (are you a Packer fan?) that is!
Here are a few of those little things:
- I polished my dress black shoes!
- Made the guest room bed after a week of letting the sheets hang out in a pile
- Walked to Kohl's, found the perfect dress coat, and bought it. Here's the thing: this is the first new dress coat I've purchased in 30 years! I asked for help to make the experience easeful and was treated to a warm and friendly smile at the check out. For the first time ever, I think, I came home and completed the “how did we do?” survey!
- Took time to cook a nice meal – for me
- Enjoyed a bubble bath for the first time in many months
How about you? While making a bed may not make your spirit happy, what would? What little things would make a big difference to your inner being today?