You ARE a leader. Do you know that? We all are. Everyone of us leads – and follows. Messages of leadership are all around us. With the holiday season around the corner, I am reminded of the story, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. If you haven’t watched this holiday classic every year since 1964 as I have, here is a link so you can catch up:
You can also read about the plot line here:
As you think about leadership, consider how you lead at work, in your family, in your own life. Let Rudolph give you some things to think about with these questions:
- Where are you hiding your unique leadership style? (like Rudolph hiding his nose)
- Where does your leadership douse another’s light? (like Santa and Donner forcing Rudolph to wear a false nose)
- Where does your leadership style exclude another? (like Coach Comet)
- Where are you support for another’s growth? (like Clarice)
- Where are you courageously breaking off from the tribe to be your (misfit) self? (like Hermey the dentist)
- Where are you leading others to their truth? (like Yukon Cornelius supporting Hermey and Rudolph)
- Where do you stand up for the misfits? (like Rudolph)
- Where is your leadership strong, bright, powerful?
- What will have you “go down in history”?