How do you check in with yourself each day? Does your morning start with an intentional pause to discern things like:
- What MUST happen today?
- Who needs a bit of attention today?
- How prepared am I for what’s ahead?
- What do I need to get grounded and ready?
I’ve had a “morning practice” for many years now, though it has changed many times. Recently, I made yet another change — inspired, actually, by a strong sense that my “grounding check-in” was actually ungrounding me and rendering me less prepared for the day ahead than before I got out of bed!
Continue reading “Checking in …”
Today’s message is short; it is an invitation to a way of being in our lives. It is meant for you if you ever move through your days:
- ignoring everything and everyone that isn’t “in the plan”
- assuming that the person you are about to speak with has nothing of value to offer you
- mindlessly doing the mundane tasks
- afraid of what you are about to do or what the people around you are thinking
My invitation to you is this:
Continue reading “What am I to learn from you?”
And today IS your birthday – if you choose. Just what do I mean? Well, when I think of birthdays, I think of anticipation, excitement, celebration, fresh start, new beginnings, joy and children. When I think of children, I think of carefree, unburdened, naturally bold, uninhibited.
Not your experience of today? What keeps you from waking to the day with the fresh anticipation of a child? Continue reading “Today is YOUR birthday!”
You’ve got them – secret thoughts, ideas, behaviors that you keep to yourself and don’t want anyone to know about. I’m talking about:
- judgments that we would never share with that other person
- beliefs that we are afraid to speak aloud
- habits we’d be embarrassed to have another person witness
You get the idea. Here’s the truth. Everything we are trying to hide, all of our secrets, the messages in our shadow side, have tremendous power. This power may be: Continue reading “Your Secrets Have Power”
When was the last time you were courageous enough to have a conversation where:
- you went beyond “reporting the news”?
- you let down your guard?
- you explored the unknown?
- you learned something about you?
In 2014, I wrote the following in What’s Alive In Me Now? Time for the journey of your life!
What if this is a book of connection? What if this is simply a story … a story of human experience, human evolution, spiritual expansion, coming into one’s own? You see, that is what feels most vital to me now. When I share from the edge of my growth, I share with purpose and passion, energy and joy! When I simply relate what I have done or things I have learned, I get bored.
Every day we have opportunities to connect deeply, to explore together, to live from the edge of our growth. Yet, often, we don’t. From starter questions like: Continue reading “From the edge of my growth…”