Back to shifting gears for a moment. Sometimes the gear slip or skip is more than a rough shift. Sometimes your bike is experiencing one of these symptoms:
- worn out cassette/gears and/or chain
- incorrect combination of chain/gears
- derailleur is out of alignment
- wrong derailleur/shifter combination
In other words, you’ve got bad parts!
What are the “bad parts” revealed by life’s gear slips?
When switching gears in life becomes hard, consider:
- are you trying to do too much, shift too frequently?
- is the activity or relationship “worn out”?
- is your derailleur tired and in need of rest?
- is there a mismatch between your desires and the next “gear”?
What would a trip to the “bike shop” reveal?