Coaching sessions are often very powerful. Clients leave with a deeply felt awareness, an intention to make change happen in their lives. That same awareness can happen by reading a book or poem or saying or having a deep conversation with a friend. You are inspired!
Then life hits. Busyness, forgetfulness, distractions – the reality of day-to-day life interferes with great intention and powerful desire. One way clients stay “on track” is by creating “structures” which remind them of plans and goals, dreams and new ways of moving in the world. Structures work when they are carefully chosen and match your personal style. Here are a few examples:
- Create a special screen saver with a theme line or visual image
- Post notes around the office or home with affirmations or reminders
- Choose a particular piece of clothing-magic armor-when making sales calls or doing the “hard task”
- Light a candle
- Put a reminder in your pocket – perhaps a small stone, marble, or toy
- Create a deadline, such as inviting people to your home for a party, that will require you to complete the remodeling first!
Do you have a dream, goal, or new habit that keeps getting forgotten or lost? Play with structures to help remind you. Yes – play! Play with several until you find something that works for you!